[ALAC] Rules of Procedure - Draft for discussion at 26 March ALAC meeting

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 01:33:52 UTC 2013

I despair when I see charges of "ALS marginalisation" made.  Eduardo has
said enough on how ALS determine the ALAC's composition...and, its fitness
for purpose.  What is distressing is with regard to the real work, as in
policy discussions and drafting policy statements.  It is the same set that
shows up, with only a few reps work anything near hard at these tasks.
 Most don't show up at all.

Sure, a tribe with too many chiefs and not enough indians is doomed.  So to
sustain ALAC we need more indians.  And like hell you get 'em to come to
the fight!  No, don't ask me to work harder to get someone to do what they
promised. I have long accepted the role underachievement plays in
sustaining volunteer organisations.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799