[ALAC] Rules of Procedure - Draft for discussion at 26 March ALAC meeting

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Mar 26 11:25:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

I think it is interesting to note how willing ALAC seems to transfer decisions to ever smaller groups while remaining reluctant to give the ALSes and members any role in decision making.

When it is a matter of allowing voting rights to the ALSes, the subject is first buried and then will allowed a a brief discussion  at  a meeting after the new procedures have been voted on by ALAC.  When it comes to changes like giving the ALT more decision making ability, it is easily done.

It is sad.

avri