[ALAC] RAA 3.7.8

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Fri Mar 22 19:40:52 UTC 2013

Hi Alan

Not that simple

What is meant by 'at the time' - this was one of the issues raised - and not agreed to - in the negotiations.  Is it solved?

As the Final Final report said, the requirement for re-verification hasn't worked

What is meant by 'accurate' - or 'inaccurate' - the clause talks about a policy that would define what is reasonable and commercially practicable to obtain accuracy.  It doesn't exist and we do not know what is meant - or rather what the registries and registrars believe it means.  Michele, for one, has used different terms and made some suggestions. There was a whole session two ICANN's ago on what it might mean.....

So Alan - on the face of it, you are correct.  But if there is no understanding/agreement of what the terms mean, enforcement is an issue.

On Monday, I"ll be doing a lot of work to contribute to the discussion but please, do not pretend that clause 3.7.8 is enforceable, even with the new bits.

Holly