[ALAC] Closed generic statement [Suggested edits]

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Mar 1 14:50:12 UTC 2013

Dear Sala,

On 01/03/2013 14:29, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, when was the deadline for submitting comments for
> ALAC members or members of At Large on this particular matter?

The schedule which we had originally set is actually in the table at the
top of the WIKI page:
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40927847

You'll note that Vote opening was supposed to take place on 27 Feb
(which means an end to any more comments) but due to the extensive
discussions and the length Alan went to try and include everyone's point
of view, we are 2 days late. Matt has the green light to start the vote
today, 1 March, and close it on 6 March (5 days / 3 working days only,
which is the absolute minimum), just in time for a submission of the
statement to the process on 7 March.
Speaking to Board member Cherine Chalaby earlier this week, I was told
that there is no possibility to ask for an extension as the Board new
GTLD Committee which he Chairs will meet the week after and Staff needs
to collate all comments in 3 or 4 days. So everything is really under a
very tight schedule.
The call for comments was open since 5 February, so it is a pity that
you were only able to contribute now and of course, we're all in the
same boat, having other commitments too outside ICANN, but
unfortunately, because of the tight time-line, once a statement is
frozen, it is frozen.

Kindest regards,

Olivier