[ALAC] Fwd: ALAC Statement to the Board Regarding Security and Stability Implications of New gTLDs

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Jun 12 10:07:23 UTC 2013

Dear Jean Jacques,

thank you for your comments.

On 12/06/2013 09:37, JJS wrote:
> /- It's not a good idea to single out the fact that a paper has been
> approved "by the ALAC Executive Committee". Putting forward a part of
> the ALAC, for whatever reason, weakens the cohesiveness of our
> Advisory Committee, or at least projects such an image./

The text was "This correspondence has the support of the ALAC Executive
Committee" by contrast to "This text is drafted by myself as an
individual", not as a measure to divide the ALAC. Support by the ALAC
would require a ratification vote or at least, a consensus call, which I
am tempted to ask here in case we need to follow-up.
Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD