[ALAC] Fwd: Call for Volunteers: Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group Members - Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Jan 26 00:36:43 UTC 2013

This new PDP will be looking at several issues
that have the potential to impact all gTLD registrants.

For those not familiar with the term FOA, it
means Forms of Authorization - standardized forms
for registrars to request and confirm transfers.

I would appreciate if people who join this WG
also let me know so that I can brief them on additional issues.

Alan

>http://gnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-25jan13-en.htm
>Call for Volunteers: Policy Development Process
>(PDP) Working Group Members - Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D
>
>In Brief
>The Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO)
>Council seeks volunteers to serve on a Working
>Group that will address issues related to the
>transfer of domain names between registrars.
>After investigating and considering specific
>issues (detailed below), the Working Group is
>expected to recommend how to handle these
>issues, which could include proposals for
>changes to the existing
><http://archive.icann.org/en/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm>Inter-Registrar
>Transfer Policy (a consensus policy adopted in 2004).
>

>What This Group Will Do
>The initial tasks of the group will be to
>consider the following six questions[1] and make
>relevant recommendations to the GNSO Council:
>

>a)      Whether reporting requirements for
>registries and dispute providers should be

developed, in order to make precedent and
>trend information available to the
community
>and allow reference to past cases in dispute submissions;
>
>b)      Whether additional provisions should be
>included in the TDRP (Transfer Dispute
>Resolution Policy) on how to handle disputes
>when multiple transfers have
occurred;

>c)      Whether dispute options for registrants
>should be developed and implemented as
part of
>the policy (registrants currently depend on
>registrars to initiate a dispute on
their behalf);