[ALAC] Fwd: Re: [soac-discussion] Internet Governance CWG

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Dec 3 23:58:49 UTC 2013

Dear all,

FYI -- just to keep you updated, after the ALAC met with the NCSG, Evan
Leibovitch announced during the public forum the creation of a joint
effort by both communities to work together to prepare for the Brazil
meeting etc.
David Olive picked this up and discussed it with the ALAC Leadership
Team on the Friday of the ICANN week. He then shared the fact that this
effort was open for every SO/AC to join, on the SO/AC Leadership mailing
list. The responses were quick to ask "how do we join this?" and from
here onwards, Rafik & I have worked with several people to get the train
rolling.

The update below will give you an idea where we are at the moment. I am
not sure whether this was the original intent since I recall that we
probably thought during the ALAC/NCSG meeting that things would start
small & grow slowly once we had a few position papers on the WIKI but I
guess that with the Brazil meeting only a few months away and with the
Festive Season about to arrive, many felt we needed to act quickly.

Kindest regards,

Olivier