[ALAC] At-Large comment on EWG

h.raiche at internode.on.net h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 28 11:25:43 UTC 2013

 Hi Everyone

 Sorry about the anonymous bit. And sorry for the mix up - but glad
that - belatedly - there is something people can comment on that will
be an ALAC position. And please do comment. What I did was a bit of a
rush job - just to get something in place as a starting position. What
is there is largely the notes I made after a very long discussion
Carlton, Evan, Garth, Rinalia and I had rather late in the Durban
meeting. I'm not sure I will have time to do further work (I am
supposed to be on holidays) so any help - that includes Garth - will
be really welcome.

 And I am sorry to have missed the ALAC call. I was on the road,
travelling to stay with very old friends.

 And a question to everyone. A lot of the discussion on the list does
involve GNSO policy processes. Both Alan and I are on the GNSO WG on
Policy and Implementation - in which some of the issues being raised
on the list could be raised in the WG. Rinalia's statement is a
perfect example of that.

 So please - any ideas on GNSO policy ought to be aired. The Charter
of that WG (I chaired the drafting team for the charter) is wide
enough so that many of the issues raised on this list could be raised
in discussion in that WG.

 Holly

 On Wed 28/08/13 4:47 AM , Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
sent:
 ...and so she has, as Anonymous! My apologies to Holly.....she was on
the job within hours of our last communique and I didn't update
myself.

 Carlton A Samuels
 Mobile: 876-818-1799
 Strategy, Planning, Governance, Assessment border-left:1px #ccc
solid;padding-left:1ex">  Hello all,

 I don't understand both of your enquiries/concerns. Holly has already
put a first draft on the WIKI.
 https://community.icann.org/x/Xz5-Ag [1]
 Kind regards,

 Olivier