[ALAC] .patagonia

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Apr 8 10:18:03 UTC 2013

Dear Sergio,

the ALAC Executive Committee had lunch with the GAC Leadership today and
we raised the issues of .amazon, .patagonia and .cba

At this stage, the ALAC is unable to raise objections since we are past
the deadline for filing ALAC objections.

The GAC has been considering the list of GTLDs applied for and their
work continues throughout the week. Whilst we were not told which
strings are currently being considered for objection, since the GAC's
work is ongoing, I would remind you and your colleagues that there are
several GAC representatives from the countries affected by the above
strings and a natural course of action could be for you to write to your
representatives. The GAC's work is scheduled to complete by the end of
the ICANN week, hence the earlier you write, the better. But keep in
mind that the GAC is approaching closure and will not consider new
objections, so it really depends on the strings that the GAC has
considered so far.

I hope this helps in your approach.

Best regards,

Olivier Crépin-Leblond