[ALAC] ALAC Statement on Draft RAA statement

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun Apr 7 03:08:39 UTC 2013

Dear all,

if this is being sent to you again today, it is because we are in
Beijing and the RAA negotiations are taking place. At the same time, the
GNSO Council is discussing the RAA.

As a result, it is important that a final text is presented as soon as
possible in order to be taken immediately into account, both at the GNSO
and at the negotiations.

Building the text which Alan refers to in his message, has taken more
than a month to build. While we will vote on it during our wrap-up on
Thursday, we effectively need to send it out today.

If you have a *serious* problem with material contained in the
statement, I therefore urge you to get in touch with Alan *at once*,
since Staff will send it today.

Kind regards,

Olivier

On 07/04/2013 10:18, Alan Greenberg wrote:
> The final version has been posted at https://community.icann.org/x/xZRwAg.
>
> The substantive changes made to the previous version are:
>
> - The trigger action requiring Registrar action
> of inaccurate Whois (Section 5 of the Whois
> Accuracy Specification) has been slightly
> changed. We are recommending that replacing the
> "Upon the occurrence of a" with “Upon a validated
> report or discovery of a…”, or alternately, "Upon learning of a...".
>
> - Changing the Registrar Whois Port 43
> requirement to require Port 43, but only until
> there are no longer any Thin registries.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html