[ALAC] Fwd: Draft GNSO WHOIS RT Final Report Summary Chart

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sat Sep 29 06:44:51 UTC 2012

Hi Evan

I usually agree with you - and certainly agree that delaying tactics have been a prominent feature of how ICANN (doesn't) work.  But the points that the SSAC makes are well made - it boils down to please define the problem before you try to solve it.  Otherwise, you risk coming up with the wrong answer.

And certainly when I attended the briefing on Whois in Prague, there was a good discussion pointing out, inter alia, that somewhere we need to define the level of accuracy required.  So maybe we support immediate implementation of what is (and has been, for sometime) required - but support a long term discussion on the issues SSAc raises.

Holly