[ALAC] Thick Whois PDP

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Thu Sep 20 05:16:30 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone

If we have anything to say, it should deep disappointment and deep frustration at the delay in the GNSO doing anything on this issue.  Carlton has referred to the ALAC statement on the think Whois.  We also commented on the .com and .net contracts - decrying the fact that they did not require a think Whois, even through all new gTLDs require it. We have also urged (and continue to urge) implementation of the Final Final Whois report (we replied to the Board with a list of recommendations that should be implemented ASAP). Yes, there are outstanding pieces to the Whois issue.  But if you read the motion - it is a litany of calls for action, and delays by GNSO.  Isn't it time to say enough is enough.  No more analysis, no more comment.  We have done that. Maybe something planted under every seat of every GNSO member so that something happens.

Holly