[ALAC] ALAC/At-Large Mailing Lists

Yaovi Atohoun yaovito at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 24 08:23:50 UTC 2012

Hi Alan,

Thank you for this initiative to clarify the use of the various mailing lists.  My comments on your suggestions below:

ALAC
- Membership for ALAC, RALO Leadership, formal Liaisons appointed by
the ALAC, Board member and Staff
- Membership for Liaisons appointed TO the ALAC
- Perhaps membership to WG Chairs if not already included above
- Membership for past holders of above categories (my preference, or
could be receive only - see below)

I agree with the membership list but I am not in favour of automatically adding past holders. However any past holder  subscribingwill be approved to be member

ALAC-Internal
- Membership for ALAC, RALO Leadership, formal Liaisons appointed by
the ALAC, Board member and Staff

My suggestion is that this list includes only ALAC members and staff. I assume that a formal communication from the Board or other groups to ALAC will go through the chair of the staff.

ALAC-ExCom (with a new name mapping to the ALAC Leadership Team name
used in the new RoP)
- Members of the ExCom, formal Liaisons appointed by the ALAC, Board
member and Staff

My suggestion is that this list serve only for communication between ALAC-Excom members. I will also include staff.

Thank you
Yaovi