[ALAC] (PMX: 8): Re: FW: URS follow-up

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Oct 22 15:36:34 UTC 2012

On 22 October 2012 10:15, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

> I think we need to wait for the RFIs to come in.
> At this point, it would appear that little would
> need to be changed to meet the price points.
> Limitations such as NAF suggests in the number of
> complaints per fee sound reasonable to me. There
> have also been comments that requiring electronic
> submission might lower costs and that too sounds
> reasonable. So I see no reason to resist talking.
> It is structural changes that we need to be careful about.

I agree. Complaints-per-submission and method of submission sound more like
mechanics than policy and I'm fine with discussing those,

Indeed, I don't recall that such minutae was even considered by the STI as
policy. If that was the case, do such non-policy-related changes even need
to go back to the community? Why not just revise them and open a public
comment process?

If there is a review team to monitor the implementation change, it
certainly demands At-Large involvement.

- Evan