[ALAC] Short Message to ALAC and RALO representatives and friends of At Large

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:59:52 UTC 2012

Dear All,

Firstly I thank you all for the momentous task and efforts in the ICANN 45
Meeting. Whilst I could not be with you in person, I tried to connect
remotely on occasion but the challenge of being awake for 24 hours is
something that a mere mortal struggled with. Neverthless, it has been good
to follow the progress and the discussions from afar.

This has also been a good time to see how remote participation can be
improved to keep ALSes engaged whilst they are at home. As you conclude the
ICANN 45, I wish you all the very best. I am not sure if the Public Forum
has concluded but I would ask that someone please raise that GAC should
have influence on visa arrangements for members of Advisory
Committees/SOs/NomComs and there should be a level of flexibility to enable
them to collect it on arrival. Oksana, it would be great if you could speak
up for some of us who have had issues with our visas.

Neverthless, I would like to thank the global At Large community [you all
are incredible and super AWESOME], and particularly the RALO Secretariats
and Executives for the manner in which they have continued to coordinate
the participation of all. Last but not least I would like to thank Oliver
for his dynamic leadership of the ALAC and my colleagues in the ALAC for
their immense contribution to advocacy for At Large. Thank you also to all
the members of the ExCom for the dynamic work throughout the year, you have
all been incredible Olivier, Carlton, Evan, Tijani and Rinalia.

And in honour of all end users around the globe, I would also like to say
farewell to our colleagues who are leaving the ALAC but are not leaving the
At Large family at the end of ICANN 45. Thank you for your immense
contribution. On the same token, I would like to welcome all the new
re-appointments and new appointments to the ALAC. I look forward to
learning from you all.

I was pleased when Gunela reminded the community of the issue of "Access"
and the heart of the work in ALAC is the issue of "Access" for the end user.

It remains a privilege to serve you all.

Warm Regards from a sunny Fiji,
--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
ALAC

P.S We need an ICANN meeting in a small island developing States..Hint
Hint...any word on the Trinidad front?