[ALAC] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- ICANN Consolidated Meetings Strategy Proposal

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Sun Oct 14 19:39:22 UTC 2012

Dear Alan, in the IFG fora (i.e. EuroDIG, which much smaller in
participation) we made the experience that hosting a meeting in a specific
country, could be, not always will be, a initial point to get a few people
engaged. Sometimes even high level participants. As the multistakeholder
model is still a new beast in many countries in the world we can not expect
too much outcome, but still we should try and take the few on board. I am
sure we would not have got them if they where not the host country.

I also fear that hosting a meeting in 2-3 of the same places turns out the
become a routine (probably more effective then) but I am not sure if
something like a showcase would have ever happened. It started in Nairobi,
before my time, right?

Sandra