[ALAC] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Expired Registration Recovery Policy

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 12 00:29:57 UTC 2012

Almost 4 years to the day that the ALAC approved the request for an
Issue Report on the recovery of gTLD names after expiration (for the
historians among you, it was 14 October, 2008), and nearly a year
since the Board approved the PDP Recommendations, we are getting
close to implementation.

The wheels of ICANN move slowly indeed.

But something good has come out of it. They came up with a neat
acronym - ERRP, to match the last related PDP - EDDP.

Alan