[ALAC] ELECTION CALL for ALAC Officers to serve from 22 October 2012 to ICANN AGM 2013

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Oct 8 10:31:20 UTC 2012

Dear all,

today is the deadline for nominees to accept their nomination.
I would like to thank everyone who has nominated and seconded me and am
ever so happy to accept the nomination.

The past 2 years have been a challenge on many fronts but have also been
immensely rewarding especially because it was a learning experience. By
now, I cannot purport to know everything and understand everything about
At-Large, however, I think that there is still a lot more that we can do
to make this community serve the 2.2 Billion Internet users out there.

One thing is sure: I am delighted with the progress that has been made
by At-Large since the beginning of ICANN. What a long road travelled to
reach this point! So much hard work!
In many recent meetings and events outside our community, I have been
lucky to receive praise from people who tell me how they are impressed
with our community. I reply that it is not me who made the community
what it is today; it is the community themselves including all of my
predecessors. And I am sure that I would not receive this praise if it
was not for all of the volunteers here who spend their nights and days
reading, writing, commenting, thinking and lobbying -- in addition to
their day job(s).

You are the stars of At-Large.
You are the pioneers. (and I insist on the word "pioneers" because what
you are doing is ground-breaking)
I am proud to be nominated as your flag bearer. Very sincerely proud.
Thank you,

Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html