[ALAC] Meeting to discuss TMCH Implementation as well as possible changed to the TM protections

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sat Nov 17 08:52:55 UTC 2012

I concur with what Alan said.

While I was disheartened by the second-class-citizen status afforded ALAC
at these meetings, our presence here was greater than it was within the IRT
or STI efforts. I like to think that, together with the NCSG, we (again)
fended off the worst excesses requested by the rights holders. However, as
Alan said, we are sympathetic to the desire to reduce cybersquatting,
frivolous and defensive registrations, and end-user confusion/misdirection.