[ALAC] FCWG White Paper: “Making ICANN Relevant, Responsive and Respected”

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon May 21 13:59:56 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I would like to call your attention to the work of the Future Challanges
Working Group (FCWG), which was formed to take a high-level, proactive view
of how At-Large can effect positive change within ICANN.

The first product of this working group is now ready for ALAC
consideration; a white paper titled “Making ICANN Relevant, Responsive and
Respected<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Future+Challenges+WG+-+R3+White+Paper>”
(and internally referred to as "R3").

This white paper has been many months in the making, and reflects input
from a number of authors with diverse backgrounds. Its aim is to strengthen
ICANN by making it more responsible to the public it serves while
fulfilling the promise of the multi-stakeholder model.

It is the request of the two FCWG chairs, Jean-Jacques Subrenat and myself,
that at its meeting (in about 24 hours from when I write this), the ALAC
approve the publication and translation of this white paper for broader
community discussion. A public workshop will be held at the ICANN Prague
meeting to further discuss the paper and receive community input.

Thank you.

--
Evan Leibovitch
Toronto Canada