[ALAC] Reconfiguring the URS?

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon May 7 01:15:57 UTC 2012

The following message is from the GNSO Council
list and has generated a lot of reaction.

To summarize: Apparently the potential providers
of the URS (Universal Rapid Suspension System)
have said that the described process cannot be
done for the expected price (or even a fair
amount higher) in the time-frame required. Some
on the GNSO (and I) find it unusual that there
was not at least a heads-up that this rework
needed to be redone, and that the only formal
indication of it was in a minor item in the
proposed budget. And many feel that the proposed
way of addressing the problem is unusual, to say the least.

For a more complete summary of my views on this,
see (including one from me - see my comment to
the GNSO Council list at
http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg12997.html.

Alan