[ALAC] Draft FY13 Operating Plan and Budget posted for public comment ; includes proposed responses to requests from AC/SOs

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed May 2 13:10:57 UTC 2012

Dear Dev and all,

thanks for forwarding this important info, and I just had a quick and cursory look on it. Can somebody explain the proportionality of the approved amounts for the regions?

APRALO $ 135'000.-
NARALO $ 25'000.-
AFRALO $ 30'000.-
EURALO $ 22'000.-

And I really wondered about the explanation of a refused EURALO request to fund participation for the 12th ICANN Studienkreis meeting coming August in Oslo when it was said "Project resources do not give ICANN the flexibility to extensively fund initiatives at non-ICANN events".
ICANN-Studienkreis - per definition - a "non-ICANN event"? And "extensively" funding was asked for $ 5'775.-?

Just some questions at a first glance.
Thanks for any elucidations.

Best,
Wolf

Dev Anand Teelucksingh wrote Wed, 2 May 2012 07:21
>Dear All,
>
>ICANN has posted for public comment its annual Draft Fiscal Year 2013
>Operating Plan and Budget
>which describes the planned activities and required resources for the
>fiscal year.
>
>Read announcement here:
>http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/op-budget-fy13-01may12-en.htm
>
>Direct PDF link to FY13 Operating Plan and Budget:
>http://www.icann.org/en/about/financials/proposed-opplan-budget-v1-fy13-01may12-en.pdf
>
>On Page 72 of ICANN's Draft FY13 Operating Plan and Budget summarizes
>the requests from SOs/ACs
>and ICANN's proposed response to these requests.
>
>Funding was approved for several of the ALAC/At-Large requests.
>The approved requests are:
>
>APRALO
>FY13-001 : Workshop and APRALO Mini-General Assembly at Regional
>Internet Governance Forums in Asia, Australia and Pacific
>FY13-002 : Workshop at IGF 2012 at Baku, Azerbaijan
>
>NARALO
>FY13-015 : NARALO Toronto Event
>
>AFRALO
>FY13-004 : Virtual Capacity building sessions for AFRALO ALSes
>FY13-005 : Workshop at IGF 2012 at Baku, Azerbaijan
>
>EURALO
>FY13-031 : General Assembly during the June 2013 EuroDIG meeting.
>
>http://www.icann.org/en/about/planning/ops-budget/community-requests-07mar12-en.htm
>shows the full details on each
>of the FY13 SO/AC Budget Requests
>
>---