[ALAC] ICANN meeting on Fridays/staff demands

Heidi Ullrich Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org
Wed Mar 28 15:55:21 UTC 2012

Thank you for the kind recognition of the work of At-Large staff, Olivier.

You are correct in noting that in Costa Rica the combination of a significant increase in the number of At-Large meetings as well as a smaller and more spread-out venue, posed a particular challenge to At-Large staff as well as to the Meetings and Technical support staff and interpreters.

In order to continue to provide the At-Large community with excellent support during ICANN Meetings, At-Large staff are already discussing ways in which we can work more effectively as a team as well as with all the behind-the-scenes personnel that are involved in providing you with excellent meeting support.

In scheduling At-Large sessions during future ICANN Meetings, avoiding overlapping At-Large sessions would be a very useful way in which to ensure you have the full support of all At-Large staff. Similarly, trying to not schedule back-to-back sessions would allow both At-Large community members and staff to have time to move to another meeting room if required. However, I realize that scheduling challenges are often due not only to the number of At-Large meetings but also to the size and layout of the venue as well as the number of other meetings.

We very much welcome any suggestions on how At-Large staff could provide you with improved support!

Kind regards,
Heidi

Heidi Ullrich
Director for At-Large