[ALAC] ICANN meeting on Fridays

tijani.benjemaa at fmai.org tijani.benjemaa at fmai.org
Mon Mar 26 15:55:47 UTC 2012

Olivier and all,

Even if it would be better for me to shorten the meeting by one day, I
totally disagree on removing the Friday morning session for the following
reasons:

·         The most important part of the Friday session is the board public
meeting and not the SO/AC Chair reports.

·         I find the Board public meeting one of the most important events
of the week: remember when the Board members voted the resolution on .xxx
and the discussion that took place just before, or when they voted on the
resolution 20 in Nairobi. Those were very important moments that the
community lived directly. I think it’s one of the ICANN particularities to
have a public Board meeting with decision made and discussion. We may have a
boring and empty one as in San José, but it was an exception, and I hope it
will be the last one.

·         The report of the Board committees is also an interesting thing,
mainly because of the opportunity to react for the community.

·         Tell you the truth, I would like to see the ALAC Chair
presentation given with more details on the main things (for example on the
academy, LACRALO events and At-Large improvement for the San José meeting).
I find this “exhibition” of the SO/AC activities interesting and
informative.

·         Finally, and as you said Olivier, our ExCom meeting needs to be on
Friday afternoon to be able to have the senior staff absolutely free for
interaction with our concerns.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231