[ALAC] Preliminary Issue Report on the Registrar Accreditation Agreement Amendments

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 4 22:26:37 UTC 2012

Hi Alan

I just replied to Olivier on this issue.

My initial response is anger over the two years between when the RAA Subteam B held is many teleconferences to develop its recommendations and a document that does not much at all to progress what were identified two years ago as 'high priority' issues.

My suggestions - made to Olivier and repeated here:

Start with a comment (far milder than I'd like) about the 2 year delay in what were clearly identified by the GNSO group itself as high priority issues

Do not comment on HOW each issue is addressed (RAA amendment/code) as there isn't time to gather a consolidated ALAC view on that but list the issues that must be addressed both ASAP and in a way that will require action

Note the call for a separate look at whether freedom of speech issues are raised - saying that action on RAA recommendations (made 2 years ago) should not be stalled by yet another inquiry, and that those issues were recognised in the RAA report and in the WHOIS Review Team report

Note that one of the critical issues for the RAA team was ALAC involvement and restate that, while the RAA is a contract, negotiations (and the outcomes) impact on the whole community and we should be involved. (the RAA paper does use the earlier ALAC quote on the issue )

Happy to work with whomever to come up with something

Kind regards

Holly Raiche
h.raiche at internode.on.net