[ALAC] Advice of NEW Public Comment OPEN on Interin Report re "Significantly Interested Parties" (formerly known as Local Internet Community or LIC) for requests for delegation and re-delegation of a ccTLD.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 05:55:48 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Your attention is drawn to
http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-03feb12-en.htm where the
ccNSO Framework of Interpretation Working Group (FoI) has published its Interim
Report which contains draft recommendations on obtaining and documenting
support from ³Significantly Interested Parties² (formerly known as Local
Internet Community or LIC) for requests for delegation and re-delegation of
a ccTLD:

A matter that should be of considerable interest and concern for all ALSes
and Member of At-Large....  I am satisfied with the WG Report but wish to
ensure you all have the opportunity to read, review and comment should you
need to, via the PC or of course via me as your active ALAC representative
in the WG...

The Interim Report is open for public comments until the 30 March 2012.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO)
ALAC Liaison to the ccNSO and Member (ALAC Rep) on the FOI-WG