[ALAC] New gTLD update

h.raiche at internode.on.net h.raiche at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 28 17:22:13 UTC 2012

 Hi Alan

 I fully support your response. I also support Carlton's suggestions.
I am sure I will have more to say - but I hope that can wait until my
holidays are over and I"m back in winter and Sydney.

 Holly

 On Tue 28/08/12 11:27 PM , Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
sent:
 http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/announcements-and-media/announcement-27aug12-en
[1]

 New gTLD Update for Applicants (27 August 2012)

 We have additional updates for applicants this week:

 Applicant Update Webinar

 The next Applicant Update Webinar is scheduled for Thursday, 6
 September at 12:00 UTC. Topics will include status on Initial
 Evaluation, an update on batching/metering options, information on
 application comments, and new gTLD sessions we are planning for
 Toronto among other things. If you are unable to join us for the
 live webinar, it will be recorded and posted to the webinar page
 (http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/announcements-and-media/webinars) [2]
on
 the new gTLD microsite. The webinar is open to everyone but directed
 toward applicants in particular.

 Clarification Questions Pilot

 The Clarification Questions Pilot is scheduled to kick off this
 week. Notices have gone out to the 50 applications selected and
 participation is optional. Preliminary evaluation results show that a

 large number of applications require clarification. The purpose of
 the pilot is to ensure that the questions evaluators ask are clear
 and applicants understand what information they are being asked to
 provide. See attached [PDF, 80 KB].

 Change Requests

 We are finalizing the process to post application change requests. A
 set of seven criteria have been created to evaluate each request and,

 if approved, the change will be reflected on the posting page of the
 microsite
http://gtldresult.icann.org/application-result/applicationstatus [3]
).

 New gTLD Microsite

 The new gTLD microsite is getting a facelift. We are working to
 refresh the microsite, making it a bit easier for you to find what
 you need. A new feature we will add is an Applicants Corner. This
 is a place where applicants can go to get important advisories as
 well as to check the status of various parts of the program still
 under development. Keep an eye out for the microsite's new look!

 At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org [5]
 ALAC Working Wiki:
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Advisory+Committee+(ALAC
[6])