[ALAC] .post Agreement Amendment Request

Hong Xue hongxueipr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 01:45:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Alan Greenberg
<alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:
> The current restriction is for ALL TLDs in the list, both cc and
> generic. The requested change eliminates the entire restriction.

I wonder whether the revision would be applied "prospectively" to the
new gTLD strings approved by ICANN in the future. If this second-level
"copycat" is allow, especially among gTLDs, one registry can easily
copy any other TLDs at its second-level and their business model,
would that be discouraging to innovation?

Hong

See