[ALAC] .post Agreement Amendment Request

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 21:23:14 UTC 2012

Um, well...seems to me that a partial removal of the current restriction
might be appropriate here. May even help 'em survive the leaner times
ahead.  And by default, add a little competition to the space.

I can see my way to let 'em register, for example, jm.post.  I could sell
that  as a revenue-share opportunity or, as an extreme, preparatory for the
day when your plain old letter-handling post office is no more.  Notice
this position is presumed on ccTLD cooperation.  Need collaborative work
from the start to design and agree the business process.

Add .CAT to the list of those that might be considered....maybe.

But right now I cannot see let 'em at .aero, .arpa, .museum, .com, .biz
etc.  Too gimmicky...and spammy.

But I stand to be convinced.

- Carlton

Carlton A Samuels