[ALAC] [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS New gTLD Applicant Support WG Charter

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Jan 14 17:05:18 UTC 2011

Eric, I haven't looked at the Redline and Blueline versions that you
are talking about, but there is no error (that I am aware of) in my
report of what was approved.

The IDN item was not in the WG's proposed charter (ie what Rafiq
proposed to Council). Debbie Hughes (I think) proposed an amendment
to add it. Cannot remember whether that was taken as friendly or
passed, but it doesn't really matter. Wolf-Ulrich Knoben proposed an
amendment to Jeff's new charter which included the IDN point. That
amendment did not pass, but ultimately that one item from it was
again proposed by Zahid Jaamil and was accepted as a friendly amendment.

Alan