[ALAC] Urgent: proposed email to GAC/ Board Chairs

SAMUELS,Carlton A carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Thu Jan 13 22:40:37 UTC 2011

In this environment, it is always useful to stay with principle and on message of principle in these matters.  I would just say "since we are not apprised of  a sufficient reason for a closed meeting, we would strongly recommend the default open meeting. At the minimum, we should expect interested parties accommodated as observers".

If you like, you might further remind the participants of the several commitments to transparency in all dealings affirmed to the AoC.

The parsing as to who qualifies to enter the pearly gates - this is the 'solomonic' reference, ala King Solomon of Biblical fame  - comes across as unctuous...maybe even special pleading by its select representation described; Tijani's point, btw.

Carlton