[ALAC] Urgent: proposed email to GAC/ Board Chairs

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Jan 13 19:25:39 UTC 2011

Hello Fatimata,

thanks for your kind follow-up.

Le 13/01/2011 17:23, Fatimata Seye Sylla a écrit :
> Olivier,
>
> I support the letter with one suggestion : Have the chairs and/or
> co-chairs of the constituencies attend the close meeting as observers.

I think that asking for this will be met with immediate resistance from
some GAC/Board members. We do ask for this in a somehow more courteous
way by saying:
"- that the Chair and/or Vice Chairs of SOs and ACs might, at a common
GAC-Board invitation, appear or make statements for a part of the closed
meetings, provided there is consensus between GAC and Board on their
presence."

This leaves the decision to GAC and Board. It lets the door to open
potentially, but does not kick it in.

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html