[ALAC] ACTION: Call for RALO Volunteers for Joint DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group open through 20 January
Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org
Thu Jan 13 01:41:40 UTC 2011
On behalf of Olivier Crépin-Leblond, ALAC Chair, a call for volunteers from the RALOs to the Joint DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group (DSSA WG) is being made through 20 January 2011.
The objective of the DSSA WG is to:
- Examine the level, frequency and severity of threats to the DNS
- Review the current efforts and activities intended to mitigate these threats; and
- Identify possible gaps in the current security response to DNS issues.
The ALAC endorsed the Charter of DSSA WG during the ICANN Meeting in Cartagena in December 2010 (the Charter is available on the Joint DSSA WG At-Large Workspace<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Joint+DSSA+WG+-+At-Large+Workspace?showChildren=false#children> available at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Joint+DSSA+WG+-+At-Large+Workspace?showChildren=false#children). As the GNSO and ccNSO have adopted the Charter and the NRO is in the process of adopting it, the ALAC is now calling for a volunteers from the RALOs to join the DSSA WG.
If you would like to become an At-Large representative of the DSSA WG, please note that the following membership criteria apply:
1) You should have knowledge or expertise of the objectives of the DSSA WG.
2) You should be prepared to actively participate in the activities of the WG on an on-going and long-term basis.
3) You should be prepared, if required, to sign a Formal Affirmation of Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure paper (see Annex B of the Charter) and/or a Non-Disclosure Agreement. The WG may decide to establish a sub-working group to access confidential or proprietary information. If you are interested in participating in such a sub-working group, you will most likely be required to sign one or both of the aforementioned agreements in order to ensure access to and protection of confidential information.
If you are interested in joining this Working Group, please send a Statement of Interest by Thursday, 20 January at 23:59 UTC to At-Large staff (staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>) containing the following information:
- Current vocation, employer and position
- Type of work performed
- Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in organizations that are interested parties in DSSA related topics
- Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in DSSA related topics. Are you representing other parties? Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination/selection as a work group member.
- DSSA Working Group members are expected to demonstrate knowledge or expertise aspects of the objectives of the DSSA WG. Please identify any knowledge, expertise, or experience that you have that would be relevant to the work of the DSSA Working Group.
- Describe any tangible or intangible benefit that you receive from participation in such processes, for example, if you are an academic or non-governmental organization and use your position to advance your ability to participate, this should be part of the Statement of Interest, just as should employment by an organization that has an interest in DSSA Working Group outcomes.
The Statements of Interest will be posted on the DSSA Working Group website.
Olivier Crépin-Leblond, ALAC Chair, will serve as a co-chair of the DSSA Working Group. The ALAC would ideally like to have a minimum of one representative from each region serve on the DSSA Working Group.
The ALAC will review the Statements of Interest and formally select At-Large representatives to the DSSA Working Group during their meeting of 25 January 2011.
Heidi Ullrich, Matthias Langenegger, Seth Greene, Gisella Gruber-White, Marilyn Vernon,
ICANN At-Large Staff
More information about the ALAC