[ALAC] The end of time?

Jean-Jacques Subrenat jj.subrenat at welho.com
Wed Oct 12 04:15:46 UTC 2011

*Copyright claims are dogma in North America, but tend to dwindle the more
you travel away from, say, New York. There are even places where people
consider that time zones, like the metric system, is an intellectual
construct at the disposal of all humanity.*
*
*
*IANA would be one solution, and probably would make sense from the point of
view of ICANN, which is seeking to have the upcoming contract/function.
*
*
*
*But there is also a worldwide treaty organization, the GIPM (acronym in
French),*
*http://www.bipm.org/fr/practical_info/time_server.html *
*As it is entrusted with the task of conserving the most accurate
measurements, surely it could be requested to provide a list of time zones,
with the kind of technical and scientific support that copyright
money-makers and their fans may not have.*
*
*
*Regards,*
*Jean-Jacques.*