[ALAC] ALAC statement on eG8

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed May 25 14:36:07 UTC 2011

Hi Marc,

IMO the best explanation of the flaws in the eG8, IMO, comes from Corey
Doctorow:

*I was invited to the EG8 and declined. I believe it's a whitewash, an
> attempt to get people who care about the Internet to lend credibility to
> regimes that are in all-out war with the free, open net. On the other hand,
> I now have a dandy handwriting sample from Sarkozy should I ever need to
> establish a graphological baseline for narcissistic sociopathy.*

(http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/17/fight-back-against-s.html)

I've been finding http://g8internet.com/ to be of interest.
I'm not sure how the participation of At-Large, in itself, would correct the
fundamental flaws in the very mission of this conference.

- Evan

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
Em: evan at telly dot org
Sk: evanleibovitch