[ALAC] Urgent: proposed email to GAC/ Board Chairs

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 13 03:15:27 UTC 2011

I have had neither any involvement or knowledge of this change, but I
do note that it comes in parallel with the change from requiring a
local host who made a very substantial contribution to the meeting,
to ICANN being largely responsible for (at least some) meetings - a
change for which there has been a great deal of demand within ICANN.
If the budget (from ICANN fuinds) for such meetings is to not go up,
increased sponsorship revenue is pretty much required (or a VERY
reduced budget and/or charges for attendance).

Alan