[ALAC] 45 days remaining supply of IPV4?

James Seng james.seng at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 01:16:35 UTC 2011

It isn't as bad as most thinks....IANA may be exhausted but the RIRs
have reserves. And even RIRs runs out, the ISPs have their buffer.
This will drag out for another 4-5 years at least before the Internet
users is going to feel an effect of IANA exhaustion in Feb/Jun/Dec
(pick your prediction, but definitely within 2011).

This is not to say we do not do anything about it (we should!) but
there is plenty of time and not panic about it yet.

-James Seng