[ALAC] ISOC statement on ACTA

Jean-Jacques SUBRENAT 徐霞客 XÚ Xíakè jjs.global at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:03:25 UTC 2011

Dear Hong,

your message brings replies to some of the questions contained in my
e-mail of a few hours ago.

If Colleagues are interested in the suggestion I put forward (for an ALAC
statement going beyond the ISOC paper), you have already answered in part:
- clearly, you are one of the most qualified to provide expertise in
developing the required legal arguments;
- the ISOC paper, though interesting in itself, does not give a
comprehensive account of regional (e.g. EU) and national (e.g. China,
India) positions;
- this could be an opportunity for ALAC to make a statement, within the
confines of its charter, by providing a good analysis of issues which ACTA
must face, and which it is our duty to make known on behalf of our global
community.

Regards,
Jean-Jacques.