[ALAC] ISOC statement on ACTA

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Tue Feb 15 21:20:12 UTC 2011

Dear all,

as some of you may have realised already, I am deeply concerned about the on-going process of the ACTA negotiations (ACTA stands for the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement). In this context, I got to know the ISOC statement “Calling for an open and international dialogue …”.

In the statement, ISOC refers to / “…wishes to take this opportunity to provide our preliminary perspective on those parts of the proposed agreement which pertain to the Internet, Internet governance, Internet technologies, Internet intermediaries and/or Internet users.” What is our concern as well. I would like to share (with all those who haven’t seen the statement already) this with you. Full text see:
http://www.isoc.org/internet/issues/docs/acta-ustr_20110214.pdf

Kind regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch