[ALAC] [ALAC-Announce] CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Geographic Regions Review

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Sat Dec 17 01:06:03 UTC 2011

Dear all,

thanks for this forward of the statement. This is just to note that EURALO shares some of the concerns expressed in the draft ALAC statement, e. g.:

*"It removes countries from their original regions to which they belong to a different region,
far from their lands, with very different language and culture, and a far different level of
Internet penetration (Example: Yemen from Asia to Europe)" --
besides other strange and unconceivable examples like this.

Furthermore and as indicated in an earlier EURALO suggestion, we support the ALAC advise that
•	any country should be allowed to request for a change from its current region
•	the request for change should bring the country to a region closer to its land.

Thanks for your consideration and
kind regards,
Wolf

ICANN At-Large Staff wrote Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:49