[ALAC] ICANN Board resolutions from 8 Dec 2011

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Dec 13 14:22:11 UTC 2011

Well, as I said yesterday during the GTLD-WG call, I was not
surprised that the recommendation was not followed, but I did expect
some half-way measure - perhaps an explicit increase of 1-2 million,
funded by a deferred return-to-reserve and perhaps only in the event
of insufficient additional fund-raising. But clearly that did not
happen and that is indeed disappointing.

However, the actual size of the pool does not need to be fixed until
the SARP makes its awards, so there is nearly a year left to continue
lobbying the Board (and in our call last week, that was acknowledged
by Board members). I think we need to consider how best to do this,
not only for ALAC, but by getting others involved as well. Bills note
sounds like the start, but it would be good if we can get new voices
into this, not just the usual players.

Alan