[ALAC] Press Release on At-Large Board Seat Call for Statements of Interest

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Wed Sep 1 07:36:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:03:35 -0700, ICANN At-Large Staff
<staff at atlarge.icann.org> wrote:

> As requested by the Board Candidate Evaluation Committee (BCEC), please find
> attached the PDFs of the press release on the call for Statements of
> Interest for the position of At-Large Director in the following languages:
> Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), English, French, German, Portuguese
> (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish.
[...]
> The English version was also posted as
> an ICANN Announcement on 26 August (see:
> http://icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-26aug10-en.htm). The other
> language versions will be posted shortly.

> The deadline to apply for the At-Large Board seat is September 6, 2010 at
> 23:59 UTC.

Given the very short deadline for applying, I would expect the
translated to be on-line ASAP. They are not yet as of this writing.

We may want to avoid the process being challenged because the
translated versions show up late. Maybe we could do like ICANN did with
translated versions of the DAG: extent the deadline for submission.

Patrick