[ALAC] [At-Large] ANNOUNCEMENT : Results from Round 2 voting for At-Large selected Board Member for seat #15 of ICANN Board

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Mon Nov 29 22:43:29 UTC 2010

Dear Sébastien, dear Alan,

as you may have realised over the last week, it was a difficult moment of
considerations and decision-making for the EURALO members with
ambivalent feelings and discussions on the BD candidates. I take it as a
strength of bottom-up and democratic processes that in the first consultation
round at EURALO we came out with a directed vote for Sébastien, in the second
round for ALAN (reflecting the will of an impressive majority of our community
-- 19 resp. 24 out of 27 members). As you see, we didn't take it easy ;-).

As others said before, it was an exciting "race" until the finish, and I would like
to congratulate Sébastien for his election to the At-Large Board Director -- we
are confident that you will strengthen the user's voice at the ICANN Board.

I would also like to thank Alan and Pierre for their strong commitment and
dedication during the difficult selection process. I am sure it was a gain for
the community and a further step in its maturity.

Wish you all the best guys!

Kind regards,
Wolf

comunica-ch