[ALAC] Cartagena Public Forum ; input requested

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 06:20:26 UTC 2010

Peter,

Thank you for this opportunity for community based input into the topic
choices and structure of the Public Forum on Thursday in Cartagena.

In a piece of unfortunate timing your email arrived shortly after our
monthly ALAC  and the following ExCom meeting, but I have already asked the
ExCom to provide some prompt feedback and with this reply the ALAC Working
list (which also has our Regional Leadership and Liaisons subscribed are
also being requested for feedback and ideas as soon as possible...

To this end if the ALAC List can discuss ON our list
alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org
, say before 2355 UTC on Friday 26th if at all possible, that would be
appreciated, and I will pass on any outcomes to the Board Chairman.

>From my perspective though Peter what responses I have had back from the
ExCom does indicate that new gTLD's is still a matter the community desires
much interaction on... Yes we see the Agenda time being
allocated elsewhere in the meeting for this and related matters
 Recommendation 6 for example, but I do wonder if some community members are
unable to attend those sessions  OR if there are developments out of our
meeting at these sessions or in our community and cross community
 discussions earlier in the week it may still be very worthwhile to consider
 time in the Public forum for this topic and it's various component parts...

There might also be interests developing from community discussions and
interactions at Cartagena on having the ATRT's  work (or
matters arising from it) as a topic as well.

I will attempt to provide the time-frame information you requested with any
iout from our community on proposed topics, but on the matters I mentioned
above those affected by the outcomes is our whole ICANN community...

More when I have it then,

Kindest regards,

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)