[ALAC] [GTLD-WG] ICANN staff repudiates community call for change on Morality & Public Order

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Nov 15 16:31:45 UTC 2010

On 15 November 2010 11:19, Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed Michael,  I'm certainly expecting  the next ICANN Meeting in
> Cartegena  to be "very interesting indeed" and also trust that we as an
> At-Large Community and ALAC  can be called upon to give what support and
> 'voice to opinion' on a number of issues  I hope and trust will be raised...

"Voice an opinion" takes many forms. It can be a meek statement in a public
comment forum, an easily-ignored letter to the Board, or it can be the kind
of forceful stand that Robin and Cheryl did to help kill the IRT.

In this case I think we really need to consider a strategy that results in
the latter. We've laid the groundwork in the ALAC statement on the Rec6
report, and we owe it to the community we claim to speak for, to follow
through.

- Evan