[ALAC] ALAC Officer Nominations

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Dec 2 10:21:03 UTC 2010

Dear Alan,

thank you for your kind email entitled "ALAC Officer Nominations" in
which you nominate me for the position of Chair of ALAC.
I feel very honoured to see my name being suggested and take this
opportunity to thank everyone who has shown support for the nominations
you have sent to the list.

Before answering, may I remind you that I am currently a member of the
ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom).

Bylaws provisions explaining the rules of appointment in this particular
case are found under Article VII, Section 8 as follows:

> > Section
> > 8:  INELIGIBILITY FOR SELECTION BY NOMINATING COMMITTEE
> >
> > "No person who serves on the Nominating Committee in any capacity shall
> > be eligible for selection by any means to any position on the Board or any
> > other ICANN body having one or more membership positions that the Nominating
> > Committee is responsible for filling, until the conclusion of an ICANN
> > annual meeting that coincides with, or is after, the conclusion of that
> > person's service on the Nominating Committee."
The end of my NomCom service coincides with the end of the Cartagena
Annual General Meeting.
After careful consideration, I would be my pleasure to express my
willingness to be considered in the selection of this 2010-2011 ALAC
function, which as there are no other nominees standing for this role,
would be effective at the close of the 2010 ICANN AGM when I am indeed
no longer committed in my NomCom role, and am also able to be selected to
serve on the ALAC as a EURALO Representative for the remainder of the
term left vacant with Patrick Vande Walle's resignation also effective
at that time.
Expecting that the above conditions will be fulfilled, I accept your
nomination wholeheartedly.

Best regards,

Olivier

--