[ALAC] Election Call for ALAC Liaisons => Acceptance by CLO of nomination to ccNSO Liaison and Nomination of Alan Greenberg, for GNSO Liaison role

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 01:25:41 UTC 2010

Thank You Alan  I accept that nomination  with great pleasure,  and of
course if endorsed / elected in this bylaw mandated role, I will perform to
the best of my ability on behalf of At-Large and the ALAC... and YES  we
can't have me getting bored now, can we ;-)

While the ALAC is considering their bylaw mandated Liaisons to the Support
Organisations,  I would very much like to  ask *if you would accept a
nomination from me to continue in your role as GNSO Liaison*, even though
you are no longer a serving member of the ALAC after next weeks ICANN AGM;
 Your experience and the respect you hold in the GNSO Council resulting from
you undertaking this role  for several years now, is in my less than humble
view, far to valuable to our community and the ALAC to loose, especially at
this time, so I am* formally nominating you to continue on the role of GNSO
Liaison, *and ask you consider accepting it very seriously indeed*;*  I do
realize that at this time, there is no guaranteeing of  any travel support
to attend ICANN Meetings if you are not on the ALAC or a supported  RALO
Leader, but this is a matter that the next ALAC ExCom and the Bidget and
Finance Sub-Committee, will be raising  in our future budget planning and
requests  for consideration in the coming fiscal year, (I personally believe
the argument that the bylaw mandated SO Liaisons being supported
by constituency travel {even of shared  cost centers are the ALAC and the
receiving SO}  is a strong one)  based on aspects of the ALAC Review
Recommendations and our current Review Implementation processes, and of
course does fit within the current ICANN Strategic Planning primary
objectives...

So if you are willing to risk the role  requiring in the short term some
remote participation if we fail to get such full funding this coming year
 then I would not see that as in any way an impediment.

I look forward to your affirmative reply,

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)