[ALAC-LT] AC is down and skype doesn't seem to be working either

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 20:06:26 UTC 2018

1.35am.. have been trying for ages to reconnect to the internet and the ALT
meeting but to no avail

The Radisson guys have just come back to me to say that their wifi is down
and they are getting their IT guys to look at it. Not much luck for me.

But at the Yak and Yeti Hotel, where I was earlier in my visit, the power
supply was constantly dropping, although it reconnected easily enough most
times. But I haven't tried it during an AC call.

I am now at the Radisson and I really thought this might be better, but
apparently not.

I can't connect to anything (skype, messenger, gmail.. who knows when this
will get through)

No wonder we don't get any ALS participation from our ALS colleagues in
NEPAL who I might add, have been great support for us here at the APRICOT.

Lianna and I would have had to walk for 25 minutes (in the dark) along
pretty awful roads to get to the Radisson, and Bikram Strestha has provided
us with transport. Taxis aren't very reliable and the traffic here is
really bad. We wear masks on the streets because it is so dusty and
polluted.

But communication has been the pits.