[ALAC-LT] IMPORTANT: PAPER ON OFFICE OF DIVERSITY PUBLIC COMMENTS

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 17:42:33 UTC 2018

I am not in favour of a formal office for diversity.

In the multi-stakeholder bottom-up organisation that ICANN is supposed to
be, diversity should be one of the underpinning features of its corporate
culture. It shouldn't have to be defined and detailed. It should be
characterised by the inclusive nature of its policies and practices. I
agree with Alan that we don't need more bureaucracy, we just need ICANN org
to actively and constructively work with the rich diversity of the
membership groups of ICANN so that we can together successfully achieve our
mission.  Dealing with any diversity issues can be given to the Ombudsman
and his/her team.