[ALAC-LT] Reminder // GAC and ALAC Leaderships Call

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:02:31 UTC 2018

Hi Seun

My request is in line with an earlier connection we have been trying to
make between the ALSes and their ccTLDs. I thought that an interest or
creating interest in ICANN  among governments of developing regions
especially,  may be helpful.  I know that there is very limited involvement
in the Pacific in ICANN and the training session in the Pacific helped to
raise awareness among those who attended.

Also it was interesting that you mention AFRALO was involved to take part
in the GAC training in the Africa region, APRALO has not been invited to
attend or be part of the Kathmandu sessions.

Its interesting because the GAC lead is my Cook Islands colleague Pua
Hunter, but I did not think to ask about APRALO being a part of the
training facilitation. I'll raise it with her :)   We weren't invited to
attend the Fiji training.  Of course funding could have been an issue.  In
Kathmandu, there are going to be 3 APRALO leaders there, although Lianna
will be attending the APTLD sessions and I will be attending DotAsia Board
and AP* meetings,   prior to the conference. and Satish is arriving just
before the APRICOT conference.